Vladimir Rumyantsev


Here is my artist spotlight for my in-class presentation. I had a few artists to choose from, and it was a difficult decision, but it ultimately came down to who I could find information for. I thought Vladimir Rumyantsev's art was fun and beautiful at the same time. I feel like even though he has work featured in museums and such, some of his paintings feel like illustrations (please don't let me be offending some fine artist out there!), which is fun to see. Great stuff. I may go ahead and post spotlights (later on) on a couple of the other artist's whose work I was fond of as well.

Vladimir Rumyantsev was born in Russia in 1957 and began drawing at the age of four. In 1972 he moved to St. Petersburg, where he attended the Sarov Art School. He graduated from there as a commercial artist. He then went on to the Academy of Arts, where he graduated from the graphics department in 1986.

His work can be found in eight museums in the former Soviet Union, as well as in some private collections in the US, Germany, the UK, Finland, and Sweden. His work is more commonly known in Europe than in the United States.

He works mainly with watercolor, and his paintings are often quirky or humorous.



Comments

Popular Posts