Elegant Emus

A few months ago my sister had the fun idea for the extended family to each create a letter of the alphabet for an alphabet wall for my niece. We all procrastinated, some of us got it done quickly, and the rest of us took a million years, complained about not understanding the assignment, and basically made an enormous hassle out of what would have been a sweet gesture.

I won't tell you which of those groups I fell into.

Just kidding, I'm a slacker.

I was assigned the letter 'K', so I drew a sweet illustration of a mother kangaroo giving her joey a kiss as she was given some Kangaroo's Paw flowers. So precious. It turned out fairly well, I thought.

But that's not the one I have to share today. Nope. You get to see the one that was assigned to my husband, who is also an artist (graphic designer, specifically), but who is also, unfortunately, a slacker.

He was assigned the letter 'E', and when he took even longer than I did to get the project done I stepped in and volunteered out of the goodness of my heart. Most definitely not because I needed practice with digital illustration.

And so I present to you, the illustration that will surely give my niece nightmares:

Elegant Emus Eyeing their Emerald Eggs


I don't know why I picked Emus for this, they can be rather creepy. Here's to hoping she'll find them funny looking instead. Echidnas would have worked. Egrets. Elephants, duh.

Comments

Popular Posts